This past week I had the amazing opportunity to visit Nauvoo. In Nauvoo, there is such a sweet spirit of the sacrifice of the early Latter-day Saints.
They suffered so much because they knew this gospel was true and the Lord would
protect them if they followed the living prophet. I too know
that this gospel is true. I know that if we follow the prophet, President
Thomas S. Monson, our lives will be truly blessed. I know that we can pray
anytime and our Heavenly Father will hear our prayers. We may not receive an
answer to our prayers immediately, but as we have faith and develop patience
our prayers will be answered. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that
He atoned for everyone’s sins. Through His atonement we can be cleansed of our
sins and one day return to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that Joseph Smith
is a prophet of God, and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know the Book
of Mormon has the power to change lives and would invite anyone who does not
know for themselves that the Book of Mormon is true to read and ask to know the
truth. I am grateful for the sacrifice of the early Saints in restoring the gospel.
I love this gospel so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment